Making the right career move initially plays a significant role in defining the career trajectory. Since the rise of Data Science, it has found several applications across different industrial domains. However, the programming languages that work at the core of Data Science play a significant role in it. Hence for an individual who wants to excel as a data scientist, learning Python is a must.
The role of Python is not just limited to Data Science. In fact, Python finds multiple applications. It’s a universal programming language that finds application in different technologies like AI, ML, Big Data and others. Hence making a career in Python can open up several new opportunities. In this blog, we are going to explore details about a career in Python and what are the new Python jobs for freshers.
Why should one learn Python?
Python is a popular programming language, and there are several contributing reasons for the same. These are highlighted below:
Easy to learn and use- One of the primary reasons for the popularity of Python is that it is easy to learn and use. It comes with a readable syntax that is similar to English. Thus, making it easier for the learner, especially the freshers, to master this language.
Large and active community-One of the contributing factor to growing career opportunities in Python is that it has a large and active community. They keep on adding tutorials and documentation that help the developers and the learner to use this programming language.
Versatile programming language- You can use Python for web development, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, finance and in many other domains. Thus making it a highly versatile programming language. Hence, an individual who has expertise in Python can explore several Python career opportunities in India.
Overall, Python’s ease of use, extensive libraries, active community, wide usage in various industries, and platform independence make it a popular choice among developers and organizations.
What are the different career opportunities in Python In India?
If you have completed the Python certification, a number of job opportunities open up for you. So, here are some of the popular Python jobs for freshers include the following:
- Software Developer
- Data Analyst/Scientist
- Web Developer
- DevOps Engineer
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning engineer
- Full-stack Developer
- Automation Engineer
A career in Python: Let’s Delve a Bit Deeper
A Data Analyst Uses Python For Various Tasks:
- Data Cleaning, Visualization and Exploration: This programming language finds application in cleaning the data, presenting it and also exploring different libraries like Pandas to analyse data and work on large data sets.
- Data Modeling: Using libraries like scikit-learn and Tensorflow, one can build and evaluate predictive models.
- Data Communication: Communicate insights and results to stakeholders through reports, dashboards, and visualizations using libraries such as Matplotlib, Seaborn, and Plotly.
- Data Automation: Automate data processing pipelines and workflows using Python scripting and libraries such as PyAutoGUI and Task Scheduler.
A Software Developer Uses Python:
- Backend Development: Python finds applications in developing server-side applications and APIs. The developer will use frameworks such as Django and Flask for this.
- Desktop Applications: Using libraries like PyQt and Tkinter, the developer can develop cross-platform desktop applications.
- Web Development: Build dynamic and interactive web applications using frameworks such as Django and Flask.
- Game Development: Another area of application of Python is in game development.
- Scientific Computing: Use Python for scientific computing tasks, such as data analysis and visualization, Machine Learning, and numerical simulations.
- Scripting: Use Python as a scripting language to automate and simplify tasks and processes.
An Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) Engineer uses Python For:
- Data Pre-processing: Before coding and creating an algorithm, it is important to clean and filter the data. Python helps in this process.
- Model Development: Use libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, scikit-learn, etc., to build and implement Machine Learning models.
- Data Visualization: Use libraries such as Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly, etc., to visualize and understand data and model performance.
- Research: Participate in research projects and apply cutting-edge AI/ML techniques to real-world problems.
A DevOps Engineer Uses Python for Tasks:
- Automation: Automate infrastructure setup, software deployment, and continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines using Python scripts and tools such as Ansible, Puppet, and Fabric.
- Monitoring: Using Python, one can write custom plugins.
- Debugging: Make the work error-free using Python scripts and libraries such as PyDBG and PDB.
- System Administration: Manage systems and perform system administration tasks such as file management, process management, and system configuration using Python.
- Cloud Computing: Automate the provisioning and management of cloud resources, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), using libraries such as boto3 and google-cloud-sdk.
- Network Automation: One can easily automate network administration using tools such as Nornir and Netmiko.
How to Make a Career in Python?
If you have been wondering how to learn Python, this segment of the blog will take you through some of the steps to excel in Python. Some recommended steps to pursue a career in Python include:
Learn the Basics of Python: Start with the basics of the language, such as data types, loops, and functions. Learn how to use basic libraries like Pandas and Numpy. For this, you need to enrol with the best learning platforms like Pickl.AI. Its Python programming language is a short-term course that will help you master all the concepts of Python and learn its application as well.
Learn a Web Framework: Learn a popular web framework like Django or Flask, and build a simple web application.
Learn about Data Science and Machine Learning: In addition to mastering the concepts of Python, one should also learn about Data Science libraries such as Pandas and Matplotlib and Machine Learning libraries such as scikit-learn and TensorFlow. All this eventually helps in a flawless application.
Get Hands-on Experience: Testing the skills is the right way to get job-ready. One can participate in coding challenges, hackathons, and projects to get hands-on experience with the language.
Stay Up to Date: Keep up with the latest developments in the Python ecosystem by reading blogs, attending conferences, and participating in online communities.
Wrapping It Up !!!
In conclusion, a Python career can be rewarding and will provide you with the right professional growth. So if you are willing to take the step ahead, you must immediately enroll for the best Python Certification. The role of a Python programmer is crucial in different segments like the ones mentioned above. Hence having expertise in this programming language will open the doors to opportunities across the breadth of the industry. For more information on the Python programming course, connect with Pickl.AI today.