Nowadays, technology-based courses are picking up the pace. With the growing infiltration of technology across different business domains, the requirement for data experts is on the rising. Hence it has emerged as a popular career opportunity.
One of the biggest challenges that students face after clearing college is to find the right learning platform. So, if you are eyeing your career in the data domain, this blog will take you through some of the best colleges for Data Science in India.
Future Trend of Data Science in India
- The demand for tech experts is rising
- Data-based decision-making is gaining a significant reputation
- Big Data Analytics and Data Science are the most versatile career options.
- There is a growing demand for employees with digital skills
- The world is drifting towards data-based decision making
- In India, a technology analyst can make between ₹ 5.5 Lakhs to ₹ 11.0 Lakhs per annum. The amount increases with experience and varies from industry to industry.
- As per the recent report by Nasscom and Zynga, the number of data science jobs in India is set to grow from 2,720 in 2018 to 16,500 by 2025.
Top 5 Colleges to Learn Data Science (Online Platforms)
1. Simplilearn Data Science Course
If you are looking for the best Data Science online course with a certificate in India, then Simplilearn’s Data Science course is a great learning platform. The course is offered in collaboration with IBM, thus making it one of the best-rated courses for Data Science.
As a part of this program, one gets exposure to all the core concepts of Data Science and its practical implementation. In addition, one gets to work on several case studies and live projects, making this Data Science Course one of the best choices for those willing to gain expertise in the concepts of Data Science.
Course Fees- ₹54000 (with EMI option)
- Course powered by IBM
- Hackathons, Masterclasses, and doubt-clearing sessions
- Immersive learning
- Highly interactive live sessions
- Capstone projects
- Industry-relevant projects like Amazon, Walmart, and others
- Simplilearn JobAssist™
- Python for Data Science
- Applied Data Science with Python
- Machine Learning
- Tableau Training
- Capstone Project
- Master’s Program Certificate offers Electives in
- SQL Training
- Deep Learning with Keras and TensorFlow
- Industry Master Class – Data Science
Tools That You Will Master
2. GreatLearning PG Program in Data Science and Business Analytics
Individuals without coding experience and looking to make a career in the Data Science domain can now easily transition with the MyGreatLearning Data Science course.
This platform offers a holistic learning experience where you will be exposed to the popular tools used in Data Science. Along with this, you will also learn about the use of chat GPT for your work. In addition, it offers live sessions and doubt-clearing sessions, which makes it an immersive learning experience.
The course is also backed by a team of trained and qualified professionals who make the learning experience of this Data Science course highly effective.
If you are willing to excel in Data Science and are looking for a program that gives you industry exposure and learning, then this PG Program in Data Science and Business Analytics is one of the best data science courses in India. In addition, you also have other Data Science programs available on the platform, like PG Program in AI and ML, PGP in Data Science and Engineering (Bootcamp), and others.
Course Fees– N/A
- Weekly online mentor assistance
- Complete support from the program
- The flexibility of learning from anywhere
- Networking opportunity
- Placement and career assistance
- Access to 100+ job postings every month
- Mock Interview preparation
- Personalised Resume & LinkedIn Review
- Data Science Foundations
- Statistical Methods for Data Science
- Data Science Techniques
- Domain Exposure
- Visualization and insights
- Capstone Projects
Tools That You Will Master
- Machine Learning
- Predictive Modelling
3. Pickl.AI Data Science Course
If you are looking for one of the Best Data Science courses in India on an online forum, then Pickl.AI offers a host of courses. It has collaborated with several colleges to provide a Data Science curriculum.
One of the notable features of Data Science courses offered by Pickl.AI is that they work on real-world assets. Instead of relying on data that is derived from other sources, Pickl.AI offers work experience on real-world datasets that impact businesses. Eventually, it helps in building strong confidence in the application part.
It offers an immersive learning experience that is a blend of conceptual and practical expertise. All in all, by completing the course, you will be a master of all the key Data Science tools and techniques.
In addition, Pickl.AI also offers free classes on Machine Learning that cover the core concepts of ML. The focus of this e-learning platform is to build proficiency in Data Science.
Course Fee: The course fee starts from Rs. 599 (short-term courses) to Rs. 99,000 (Job Guarantee Program).
- Data Scientists as its core team of instructor
- Immersive learning experience
- Capstone Projects
- Internship opportunity
- Job guarantee
- Complete assistant for placement
- Instant doubt resolution
- Work on real-world data sets
The Data Mindset
- Thinking about data
- Anatomy of data – dimensions, quality, quantity
- Data manipulation using Excel and SQL
Python for Machine Learning
- Basic paradigms of programming
- A skinny introduction to Python
- Python Libraries
Introduction to Machine Learning
- Fundamentals of Machine Learning
- How a model works
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Feature Engineering
- Introduction to Linear Regression
- Introduction to Logistic Regression
- The project – theme selection
Tools that You Will Master
- SciKit Learn
Almabetter Full Stack Data Science Course
Since the demand for Data Science courses is on the high rise, amidst all the developments, individuals from different domains are transitioning into the Data domain. So, if you are one of those looking for a smooth transition in the world of Data Science, the Almabetter Full Stack Data Science Course is the right platform. This course is designed for individuals with no coding experience.
The e-learning platform claims placement. Its Pay after Placement program makes it one of the most preferred choices. Coming to the learning modules, then AlmaBetter’s Data Science courses are designed in synchronization with the demand in the industry. It offers a complete learning experience and covers all the core concepts of Data Science and its applications.
Moreover, it also offers 100% placement assurance. The company holds strong Data Science jobs and placement records. So, if you are looking forward to striking a positive career shot, then Almabetter Full Stack Data Science Course can be a safe bet.
Course Fees– ₹ 29,999 (Pay in Easy EMIs)
- Intensive curriculum
- 100+ Live Classes
- Get lifetime access to all the recordings
- 20+ capstone projects
- 1000+ coding problems and assessments
- Weekly doubt-clearing sessions
- 50+ mock interviews
- The assistance of career coaches
- 100% job guarantee
- Analytics Framework
- Maths for Data Science
- Machine Learning
Specialization Track (either of the three mentioned below)
- Data Engineering
- Business Analytics
- Advanced ML
- Career Outcome
Career Track – AlmaX
- Business Communication
- Profile Building
- Interview Preparation
- Data Structures and Algorithm
- Coding and Technical Revision
Tools that You Will Learn
- Python Libraries
Edureka Data Science course
Edureka provides Data Science with Python Certification Course, which is accredited by NASSCOM. The course has been designed in alignment with the industry standard and assures complete expertise in Data Science.
As a part of this course, students will learn about the fundamentals of Data Science along with Python libraries like Matplotib, Numpy, Pandas, and others. The course benefits professionals as well as beginners. Also, the course includes core concepts of Machine Learning, Recommendation systems, and others that eventually help you excel as a Data Scientist.
Course Fees– ₹ 19,795 ( for seven weeks course)
- Learn from top-rated instructors
- Get Lifetime-access to course content
- Round the clock support
- Work on Industry-relevant projects
- Get industry-recognized certificate
- Pre-configured lab environment
- Introduction to Python
- Sequences and File Operations
- Deep Dive – Functions, OOPs, Modules, Errors, and Exceptions
- Introduction to NumPy, Pandas, and Matplotlib
- Data Manipulation
Tools that You Will Master
- Scikit Learn
Wrapping it Up !!!
This brief discussion on the best colleges for Data Science in India (online) will help you master the concepts of Data Science, and at the same time, it will also open prospects of job opportunities. E-learning platforms like Pickl.AI also offer Job Guarantee Program, which allows you to learn from practicing Data Scientists and assures placements and internships. Thus helping you start your professional journey with ease.
Whether you are a professional with years of experience or a fresher who wants to make the right start in your career, the Data Science program from the best colleges in India will help you make a strong start in this domain.
The future looks promising for Data Science experts, and to make a mark for yourself, register yourself on the best learning platform for Data Science programs today.
FAQs – Data Science Course
1. Who Can Do the Data Science Course?
With the search of several Data Science platforms, it has become easier now to learn the concepts of data. The e-learning platforms have specially designed curricula for students with non-technical backgrounds. So even with no coding experience, you can enroll in Data Science programs offered by Pickl.AI, Edureka, Coursera, Simplilearn, and others.
span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Whether you are a fresher, a student, a working professional, or even a Data Scientist with some experience, upscaling yourself in Data Science will always positively impact the professional growth curve.
2. Is Data Science Good for Mechanical Engineering?
Whether you are a mechanical engineer or a professional working in other domains, expertise in Data Science will always positively impact your professional growth. With the growing proliferation and impact of data-driven decisions on different industries, having expertise in the Data Science domain will always have a positive impact.
3. Can a Bsc. Student Go for Data Science Course?
Yes, BSE students can opt for Data Science courses. Moreover, if they have done their graduation in mathematics or computer science, learning Data Science becomes easier for them.
4. Is Data Science for Working Professionals a Good Option?
There are specifically designed courses for working professionals in the Data Science domain. The objective of these courses is to upskill and upgrade. These courses are designed per the industry requirement, helping smooth the transition in the data domain.
5. Can a BA student do Data Science Course?
Yes, a BA student can also do a Data Science course. However, they must begin with the beginner’s course in Data Science rather than immediately stepping into the advanced one.
6. Can an Arts Student Learn Data Science in India?
Individuals pursuing education in Arts can also transition to Data Science by opting for Data Science courses for beginners. These courses covered the core concept of Data Science that will help in building up the fundamentals. After this, you have the option of going to the advanced level.
7. How can I become a Data Scientist as a Commerce Student?
If you are a commerce student and you are looking to transition into the Data Science domain, opting for the Data Science course for beginners or the Data Science course for teenagers can be a good option. The curriculum of these courses is specifically designed for students pursuing education and wanting to make a career in Data Science in the domain.
8. Can a Non-technical Person Become a Data Scientist?
Having technical expertise simplifies the learning curve in Data Science. However, if an individual doesn’t have this knowledge, they can still start the learning journey by opting for the fundamental course in Data Science. These beginner-level courses are designed to help grasp the concepts of Data Science, which eventually helps in upgrading to the next level.
9. Is data analytics a Good Career for BCom Graduate Students?
Yes, a BCom graduate student can opt for a Data Science course.
10. What are The Top Data Science Universities in India?
Data Science has become one of the most lucrative career domains. Hence many top-rated universities in India, like IITs, now offer Data Science courses. In addition, you can also pursue certification courses in Data Science from Chandigarh University, Hindustan Centre for Open and digital education, Christ College, Presidents College, and other Data Science offline colleges in India.
11. Which are Some of the Biggest Recruiters for Data Science Courses?
Some of the biggest recruiters for Data Science include:
- Amazon and many others
Almost all the business niches are hiring Data Science experts.
12. What are online Data Science Course Fees in India?
The course fee for Data Science may vary based on the type of certification and the credibility of online platforms. The course fee may start from Rs. 10,000 and can range up to Lakhs. But before finalizing the course, make sure that you run through the course curriculum, its instructors, and other assistance that it offers.